Saturday, November 1, 2008

Goodwill

Wow, I love the Seattle goodwill on Dearborn Street. It is first of all an amazing gathering of humanity. Many languages, creed, ethnicities, colors. It is a little bit like being in Cambridge- with more real and less education. Oh speaking of colors, I LOVE how GoodWill stores organize their clothing according to color. It makes my heart leap with joy when I see it. I love rainbow organization of clothing.

Okay but beyond my emotional response, the Goodwill has just an amazing amount of stuff. It changes over a lot. The furniture selection there is relatively interesting. Beloved and I got a Nintendo 64 and some controllers their for very cheap- some baskets, fabric, and other decent housewares.

As with all goodwill stores it is hit or miss. And though I celebrated the electronics they had it can be a real bear digging through all the baskets and baskets of cords, adapters etc. It's brutal. Some stuff there is crap like cameras and CD's.

As a fan of garage sales, consignment shops, trash, and salvation army/goodwill stores I highly recommend.

No comments: